The Butler Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) online pathway empowers purposeful practitioners who lead within their communities and their professions in the pharmaceutical, biomedical, and healthcare fields. Our robust curriculum integrates a collaborative, immersive, and student-centered learning approach that prepares students as drug therapy experts and community leaders dedicated to serving society and improving patient outcomes.
The Butler PharmD is offered in both a campus-based and online format. Connect with an enrollment advisor to explore which format best aligns with your needs.
During the final year, you will complete two Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPEs) before commencing a series of 10 Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPEs) in the following areas:
- 1 Community (IPPE)
- 1 Institutional (IPPE)
- 1 General Medicine
- 1 Acute Care (In-Patient)
- 1 Hospital/Health System
- 1 Ambulatory Care
- 2 Community Practice
- 2 Patient Care Electives (In-Patient or Out-Patient)
- 2 Elective Rotations (Patient Care or Non-Patient Care)
There are numerous options for rotation sites throughout Indiana, across the nation, and abroad.
A placement coordinator will work with you to find placements in your area.
Butler’s pharmacy program has a long history of full accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and both the online and campus-based pathways are fully accredited.
Want to learn more?
Download our brochure to learn about the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) online pathway.
1. New campus-based and online pathway students with a prior bachelor’s degree starting their program in fall 2023 are currently eligible to receive an $18,000 scholarship over the course of the first two years ($9,000 per year for the first two years).
2. National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, 2021.
3. U.S. News & World Report, 2022. Butler University has been ranked the No. 1 Most Innovative School in the Midwest every year since 2016, proving the high caliber of our academic programs and ongoing positive student experience.